Join our team
FPGA Design Engineer
FoVI 3D is a high-tech startup with offices in Central Austin, TX focused on developing disruptive holographic display technologies. FoVI 3D ‘s product is a ground-up development effort with a multi-disciplinary team whose goal is to build the world’s first commercial light-field display. To accomplish this goal we need dedicated, resourceful, and dependable engineers with a passion for defining the future of 3D visualization.
As an electrical hardware / FPGA design engineer, you will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team of very talented and experienced engineers developing light-field displays. You will work with other team members to determine processing requirements, develop the architecture, develop and debug FPGA based electronic systems, and deliver working designs to be integrated with the display systems. Responsibilities may include:
- PCB schematic capture + oversight of PCB layout designer
- FPGA logical processing architecture (emphasis on data bus switching architectures)
- RTL design in Verilog / System Verilog
- Synthesis, verification, timing closure on design blocks
- Design documentation
- Hardware system bring-up
- This role requires a self-starter with a broad range of electronics / FPGA design skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in digital design, RTL coding, signal processing and digital communications.
- Experience with design, synthesis, and verification of digital logic using Verilog / System Verilog targeting FPGAs.
- Familiar with use of common lab tools: multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Hardware bring-up and debug experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Intel (Altera) Quartus FPGA and Mentor Modelsim development software.
- Experience developing transceiver based interfaces and data switching architectures is highly preferred.
- Experience with Cadence PCB design tools.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and any other materials that you believe would be helpful in our evaluation of you as a team member to firstname.lastname@example.org